If you have children, you would know how chaotic it is to upkeep their enormous range of toys and their play station well-maintained. And the struggle intensifies if you have got all of this done in a short time span! You might be planning for a future from Delhi to Mumbai, and would have hired the professionals for the purpose – the expert packing and moving team from Agarwal Packers, but still you wish to work out the packing of your child’s corner (stuffed with all sorts of toys, games, tools and more) on your own – then we can help you make it easy! There are some amazing ways that we are going to share with you in this article, which would help you pack up your kid’s section all the more quickly!
• Inform the moving professionals: As mentioned in the beginning of the blog post, we would advise you to first approach the professionals. Although you would have already appointed them for your household shifting task, but make sure to specifically let them know of your moving requirements and preferences, and in this case it would be your child’s lay section that has all sorts of play stuff in small, big and odd shapes and sizes. But, if you are more of a do-it-yourself person, you should check for the required packing items for the same.
• Collect thepacking materials: Since you are packing your child’s toys, make sure you have all the essential packing items – packing paper, heavy duty packaging tape, permanent marker, name labels, moving blanket, moving cartons in different sizes and shapes, bubble rolls, etc. You should gather all of these items much ahead of your moving date, because toy packing is never going to be a fun job as it might seem to be, so making sure you are prepared for the packing process, well enough. Also, designate some amount of time for the task as you do not have the expert assistance from the specialists – Agarwal Packers and Movers. So, make sure to begin the task early, when the kids are away from the spot!
• Segregate the toys and other play items: Over the years, the toys and gaming items in your child’s section would have sufficiently accumulated – where some would be old or broken while others would simply be unnecessary! Make sure you donate all those that your child no longer plays with or finds interesting! There are many charities and social organizations where you can make a contribution of your child’s play items. While the damaged ones should be purged right away into a trash bin. Doing this de-cluttering ahead of your relocation would be a lot beneficial – you would not only travel lighter with lesser items, but also have a cost-effective move, because you will save money on your packing and moving supplies!
• Prepare and pack the rest of the items: Once you sort out these articles, you will be surrounded with the toys that your child currently plays with! So, pack them one by one using proper packing materials, and place them in the moving cartons. Make sure you use bubble wraps and packing paper sufficiently to wrap the toys and delicate play items before you tighten them with packing tapes. Another thing to take care of is that you should never place them directly into the moving boxes, always add the right cushioning – either with layers of packing paper or bubble wrap! Fill in any possible spaces and gaps inside the moving carton with packing peanuts, or else it would shift from one side to another!
• Know the right ways to pack: Since you are packing this complicated kids section that has all sorts of toys and games, and items in different styles and sizes, you should follow a method. What you can do, is chart a step by step packing process for each of the items – keep the like toys (ones with similar shapes, patterns and sizes) together. Your child room would also have items that include – toy cars, soft toys, puzzles, cards, building blocks, battery and key items, board games and several other items. As most of the toys are smaller in shape and size, they could very well be carried in plastic, zip lock bags and the best part is, you can see what is there inside.
• Make certain that all the large and heavy toys are placed at the bottom of the box and the same format would be applied when the moving cartons are being loaded onto the moving truck. With the labels alongside the packages, you would know which ones contain the heavier toys and goods – make sure that the larger one is placed first followed by the lighter cartons on the top.
• Do not pack every item from your child’s play zone. Keep a few aside for them to play with till the final shifting date. Also, for the easily breakable ones/ or the items that are delicate should be carried separately.
• For all the complicated ones – like the bricks and blocks, the tower game, the magnetic building puzzles, the multicolored construction set that are all larger in size should be disassembled ahead of packing. This would help in preventing them from smashing during the transit!
Note: Does all of this seems to be overwhelming and quite a hectic job for you? Well, it is. But if you follow the right ways if you are planning to do that on your own, then you can follow the steps mentioned in this article and protect your child’s favorite toys and play tools from possible damage during the transit!
If you are planning an upcoming move anytime soon and since you have children involved, you have an added responsibility of shifting their play corner that has all their playroom items (from toys, puzzles, games, stickers, boards, balloons, apart from the wall arts, shelves and colorful rugs). And the truth is managing all of this without an additional support could be a hardship. But you can have the moving experts – Agarwal Movers and Packers hired for this purpose, because they are specialized in all sorts of packing and shifting and therefore, would definitely assist you in packing your entire kids section efficiently too!