Moving is hard, let us just make it easier for you! Are you someone thinking of moving from Port Blair to Pune? Is the thought of moving in the next few weeks making you awful? Are you unable to think of what you need to do, at the moment so that your move turns out great, without any hassle of damage to your belongings? Then make sure you are not moving alone, but have complete assistance from the moving experts in your region! There are professional movers from Agarwal Packers you can book at the moment because there are several formalities to take care of and a lot of research, comparison, and discussion goes behind finding that ideal moving plan, so without wasting a minute, hire a trusted moving team and then check out the points we have mentioned below to ensure your move turns out to be super smooth and without any damage!
• Prepare your potted foliage – Almost all of us have indoor plants and potted florae in our nursery which are some of the most sensitive things in our household. They are not prone to extreme weather conditions and temperatures. So, when you are preparing for the move, make sure to check on their conditions to know if they are fine. All the damaged, dried-up plants should be discarded because the long transit journey would worsen their form. Trim out the extra, wildly growing branches and leaves, keep them clean and light.
While packing these tubs, use convenient, spacious cartons or boxes. There are special plan carriers available with many moving companies and they provide your delicate plants with the needed care and ventilation during the journey.
• Avoid risking your glassware – The next most delicate items in our moving load remain our pretty collection of chinaware, porcelain, glassware, and crystal items. These are not only some of the high-value items in our collection but need ample protection and packing to be moved safely. So, if you are handling them without assistance from the experts of Agarwal Packers and Movers, make sure you have the required packing materials including bubble wraps, moving blankets, packing peanuts, soft cloth, old newspaper, plastic stretch wraps, foam sheets, etc.
To begin with the process, first, take out every single glass item from your kitchen. Removing the broken and old ones, have a look at the remaining glassware sets that you want to move. Now, wrap the items individually with a layer of bubble wraps first, then use double coats of packing paper to keep the bubble wrap intact. Tape the final coating with packing tape.
• Secure paintings and pictures – Coming to the pictures, artworks, paintings, and wall décor, you must ensure to clean the surfaces of the same first and then pack! Spread a double-layer of packing paper on an open surface, then place the item on top of it, with its front-facing the paper. You can use corner protectors to shield the poky corners because these are vulnerable. Old newspaper, or crumpled paper balls, or soft tissues could be used to add cushioning to the moving boxes carrying these items. Bubble wraps are a must to add to because they will protect the glass surface from accidental breakage during moving disturbances.
• Machines/Appliances and tools – Let’s now move to the sensitive appliances and delicate equipment that we have in our homes. There are many of them and each of them needs special handling and packing protection! So, we would advise you to seek assistance from the professional moving team you have hired from Agarwal Movers and Packers. They would ease out this struggling task and handle all other packing tasks for you! But if you are doing it, do make sure to do that carefully.
Using the original equipment or appliance box remains ideal. If you have them with you in your storeroom, use them! If not, you can always get them from the market. Customized cardboard boxes are the best to move electronic items like your smart TV, air conditioner, and appliances like your kitchen chimney and microwave oven. Their original boxes are insulated with heavy thermocol that acts as an insulation layer and protects your items from any kind of damage. Always add a coat of bubble wrap or soft cloth to the screens.
• Protect furniture and furnishings – You cannot skip packing the bulky furniture items you have at your place. Though handling them alone would be quite a hectic job and you can even end up injuring yourself if you are not careful enough. So, seek professionals’ help or involve your family members to join you in the task! Furniture should at first be dismantled before they are packed. Use moving blankets to cover the table-tops and use old rugs to cover any other furniture surface. The dismantled parts must be wrapped individually with generous coats of bubble wraps and packing paper!
• Few more tips for moving fragile goods – We have discussed some of the handiest packing tips for your valuable household articles, but here are some more you can check out!
- Open spaces within fragile articles or moving boxes should be sealed with foam peanuts or crumpled paper.
- If you are moving all your delicate, specialty items in one big box, make sure to add a sufficient layer of packing paper and a single coat of bubble wrap to the bottom of the carton.
- Do not move many, oddly shaped items together in a box, they might damage the other items in the box. If possible, use different-sized boxes for your range of fragile goods.
When you are doing the packing of your belongings on your own, you remain worried about quite a lot of things. Your mind is baffled with “what if” this goes wrong or something gets broken or smashed during the move. This happens when you have a range of fragile goods in your collection and you do not want them to arrive at your new home in pieces. For that, you must look over the ideas discussed above and enjoy a hassle-free and damage-free move!